Welcome to Code Completion, Episode 36! We are a group of iOS developers and educators hoping to share what we love most about development, Apple technology, and completing your code!
Follow us @CodeCompletion on Twitter to hear about our upcoming livestreams, videos, and other content.
Today, we discuss:
- Code Completion Club: https://codecompletion.io/jointheclub
- Indie App Spotlight, with two apps for you to check out:
- EventZones by Bharat Kumar (@BharatDevk): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/eventzones/id1541274241
- Orbit by Malin Sundberg (@malinsundberg): https://timeinorbit.com
- Computational complexity, and Big O notation: https://adrianmejia.com/most-popular-algorithms-time-complexity-every-programmer-should-know-free-online-tutorial-course/
- The importance of documenting algorithms.
- Benchmarking and profiling before optimizing.
- CMTime and all its weirdness.
Also, join us for #CompleteTheCode, a segment that tests your knowledge on Swift, Apple, and all things development!
Your hosts for this week:
Be sure to also sign up to our monthly newsletter, where we will recap the topics we discussed, reveal the answers to #CompleteTheCode, and share even more things we learned in between episodes.
You are what makes this show possible, so please be sure to share this with your friends and family who are also interested in any part of the app development process.
This week's episode of Code Completion is brought to you by Not Phở. Search for Not Phở on the iOS and macOS App Stores today to give it a try. https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1525104124?pt=14724&ct=CodeCompletion1&mt=8
Complete the Code
Which key command in Xcode will allow you to rename the variable you have selected everywhere it appears in the current scope?
// Which key command in Xcode will rename the selected variable // within the current scope? let lable = UILabel() lable.text = "Name" lable.textColor = .blue rootView.addSubview(lable)