Welcome to Code Completion, Episode 136! We are a group of iOS developers and educators hoping to share what we love most about development, Apple technology, and completing your code!
Follow us @CodeCompletion on Mastodon to hear about our upcoming livestreams, videos, and other content.
Today, we discuss:
- Subreddits are boycotting Reddit:
- New Mac Reviews:
- Missing Mac Pro Reviews?
- Could Vision Pro launch on January 24th?
- Steve Troughton-Smith
- Supports dozens of windows
- [iPhone could capture 3D moments soon? https://mastodon.social/@dimitribouniol/110510594056732229)
- Live from WWDC:
- Optimistic outlooks for Stage Manager?
- Read text on Vision Pro!
- Swift Evolution Updates:
- Swift Package Index supports 5.9
- Macros implemented in libraries in Xcode, but your own are simple tools that get run:
- Xcode Code Completion is significantly improved:
- Xcode Logging is as well, though be careful with tests:
- Xcode Bookmarks are awesome:
- Developer Disk Images got an upgrade:
- Device Debugging is much faster:
- Documentation in 2023:
- Custom video decoders are back for the Mac:
- macOS menus are finally Cocoa-native:
- iCloud Passwords are sharable with many groups:
- CloudKit got some updates:
- Indirect input events are now implicitly supported:
- iOS Keyboard is now rendered out of process:
- Shaders in SwiftUI:
- Code Completion Tip:
- Commented Out:
- Dimitri hates KeyPaths
Your hosts for this week:
Be sure to also sign up to our monthly newsletter, where we will recap the topics we discussed, reveal the answers to #CompleteTheCode, and share even more things we learned in between episodes.
You are what makes this show possible, so please be sure to share this with your friends and family who are also interested in any part of the app development process.
This week's episode of Code Completion is brought to you by Huuungry. Search for Huuungry on the iOS App Store today to give it a try: https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1448552588?pt=14724&ct=CodeCompletion1&mt=8